VEMMIO wants to make VEMMIO websites easy for you to navigate and VEMMIO Products easy for you to use. We are constantly improving VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products to make them more user-friendly.
VEMMIO may collect both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information that can be used to identify you. Some examples of Personal Information include your name, address, email address and phone number. “Non-Personal Information” means information that on its own cannot be used to identify you. Some examples of Non-Personal Information include usage data relating to VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products, language preferences and VEMMIO website page views.
Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. When information is anonymized, Personal Information is removed from collected data and the remaining portion of the data, containing only Non-Personal Information, is repurposed for internal or external use, such as, for example, to determine how many users of a particular router include an Internet-enabled television in a home network environment, or how many users viewed a particular website video or advertisement. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information until it has been anonymized. Anonymized information is considered Non-Personal Information. In general, usage data collected when you visit VEMMIO websites or use VEMMIO Products is both aggregated and anonymized so it does not identify you personally and is therefore Non-Personal Information.
The VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products are not directed to, nor does VEMMIO knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we are informed that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under the age of 13, we will delete that Personal Information from our systems. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at vemmio@VEMMIO.com.
How We Collect Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. If you fill in forms on VEMMIO websites or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise, you may be providing us with information about you, which may include Personal Information. This includes information you provide when you register on VEMMIO websites, register or return a VEMMIO Product, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on VEMMIO websites, participate in discussion forums or other social media functions on VEMMIO websites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, participate in a training session or other event, download firmware, software and apps, or when you report a problem with VEMMIO websites or VEMMIO Products or otherwise request support. Personal Information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information, financial and credit card information and any other information that can be used to personally identify you.
Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect information when you use VEMMIO websites or VEMMIO Products, including:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and language preferences. This information is all normally provided by your web browser, and we do not specifically request it.
- Information about your visit to VEMMIO websites, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from VEMMIO websites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; videos watched; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Any phone number or email address used to contact customer support.
- Usage data about how and when you use VEMMIO Products, other devices that are connected to VEMMIO Products and what features of VEMMIO Products you use.
- Technical information and data gathered when your VEMMIO Products are connected to the Internet, such as how many and which devices are connected to your home network, when you use the devices and the amount of network traffic generated. We also collect environmental data when you use certain VEMMIO Products, such as utility settings, temperature and light readings in the home, motion detection and alarm events.
- If you consent, certain apps may collect information about your location. If you do not want this information collected, do not consent, or consult your device manual for instructions on how to change location settings.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties who provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes. These purposes will be consistent with the reason you provided the information to us or for a directly related purpose. The uses we make of such information include the following:
- To set up an account for you on VEMMIO websites or VEMMIO Products.
- To facilitate your purchase and/or download of VEMMIO Products.
- To authenticate use of your account or purchases and/or use of a VEMMIO Product.
- To register your VEMMIO Product in our product database.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To assist you with customer support.
- To communicate about and administer participation in customer promotions and surveys.
- To provide the VEMMIO Products you request.
- To provide you with information about the VEMMIO Products you use, such as new features, bug fixes, service downtimes or upgrades.
- To help us develop new VEMMIO Products and improve current VEMMIO Products.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or selected third parties) will contact you by electronic means only if you have opted-in to receive marketing information. “Opt-in” means that you have taken an affirmative action to receive information, such as by checking a box or clicking a button.
- To notify you about changes to VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To administer VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products for internal operational purposes, including troubleshooting, data and statistical analysis, testing, research and survey purposes.
- To improve VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- To ensure the security of VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products.
- To monitor and regulate interactive features of VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products that you may choose to participate in, including online forums and chat rooms relating to VEMMIO Products.
- To help you navigate VEMMIO websites.
- To help you access and use certain features of VEMMIO Products remotely and to help you monitor and safeguard your home and home network.
- To provide you with information and recommendations about Internet and utility usage in your home.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others who visit VEMMIO websites and to deliver relevant personalized advertising to you and others.
- To determine which aspects of VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products are most useful to you and other users of VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products.
- Within VEMMIO for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you.
- With service providers, advisors or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If VEMMIO merges with or acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred as a whole to the successor entity.
- To comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
In addition, we may share aggregated and anonymized Non-Personal Information, including usage data about VEMMIO Products, with third parties for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, to show third parties how their products could work with VEMMIO Products and to generally improve home networking. We’ve taken steps to ensure that this information cannot be linked back to you and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
Any third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these third parties comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your personal information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material from us or a third party, in addition to following the “Unsubscribe” instructions in a marketing email, you can send us an email request at vemmio@VEMMIO.com.
New VEMMIO Products
Where We Store Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations globally, including the United States and Europe. It may also be processed by VEMMIO staff or contractors operating outside your country of residence (including, if you are in Europe, outside of the EEA, or, if you are in Australia or New Zealand (ANZ), outside of ANZ) who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We also use cloud-based applications and services to store and process your Personal Information, which may result in your Personal Information being stored outside your country of residence (or the EEA or ANZ).
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date, so please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. You can access and update your Personal Information and communication preferences at any time in the following ways:
- By clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us.
- By sending an email to vemmio@VEMMIO.com. Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific relevant information about the information you would like to change or the material that you no longer wish to receive.
- For many VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products, by signing in to your online account located at the URL provided when you signed up for the VEMMIO website or service.
We will honor your reasonable request to:
- Correct your data if it is inaccurate.
- Transfer your Personal Information to a third party.
- Delete your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain it by law.
- Provide you with a copy of Personal Information held on our current records at no charge, or for a reasonable charge if records must be accessed from backed up or archived records.
We note again that, if you choose to no longer receive marketing information from us, we may still communicate with you about other matters, such as product and service updates for VEMMIO Products you have purchased and customer support matters.
Retention of Personal Information
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Web Tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets (collectively, “web tools”). These web tools collect certain information that your browser or your mobile device sends to VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products, such as computer IP address, browser type and service provider. In addition, VEMMIO uses small pieces of code called web beacons. Web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. This allows VEMMIO to collect information such as the address of the page you are visiting, the address of the referring page you previously visited, what browser or mobile device you are using, and your display settings. VEMMIO and its advertising partners use web beacons, for example, to find out if advertising on VEMMIO websites and other websites that contain VEMMIO ads is effective, or if certain videos on VEMMIO websites are being viewed.
VEMMIO may use web tools for the following purposes:
- To identify the user’s country and language and distinguish you from other users of VEMMIO websites.
- To save your registration information for future use on VEMMIO websites and services.
- To allow customer surveys to appear or not appear to customers.
- To optimize your browsing experience by preloading certain features of VEMMIO websites and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient.
- To understand how you use and interact with VEMMIO websites and services.
- To customize and provide you with a more personal experience when visiting VEMMIO websites or our advertising partners’ websites or when using VEMMIO Products.
- To improve VEMMIO websites and services.
- To count visitors to VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products and analyze website traffic, such as how many visitors have come to the VEMMIO websites from advertisements on advertising partner websites.
You have the following choices regarding VEMMIO’s use of web tools:
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, many features of VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products may not work as intended if you disable cookies, and areas that require registration or authentication and VEMMIO website store transactions will not be accessible.
- For some VEMMIO Products, you can go into the account settings and select an option that will remove you from personalized advertising. If you select this option, you will receive generic advertising as part of these VEMMIO Products rather than advertising that has been tailored based on your preferences.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by VEMMIO websites and VEMMIO Products. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as “friendly names”) may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Updates and Upgrades
VEMMIO Products may be updated or upgraded from time to time to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make your user experience better. Some VEMMIO Products include an auto-update feature, which gives us the ability to make updates automatically. You can change auto-update options by changing your settings within the VEMMIO Product account information. In very limited cases, updates may still be automatically applied, regardless of the auto-update setting. For example, we may provide an automatic update that prevents or fixes a security vulnerability or breach to your network.
Third Party and Social Media Linked Sites
If you participate in or post information to a discussion forum or chat room on any VEMMIO website or VEMMIO Product, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and can be read, collected, forwarded or used by other users of these forums, potentially inside or outside VEMMIO, who have access to that forum. This information could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Please recognize that individual forums may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of VEMMIO. We are not responsible for Personal Information or any other information you may choose to submit in these forums, or the consequences of any submission. If at any time you would like to remove a posting, please email us at vemmio@VEMMIO.com. Keep in mind that removal of a posting from a forum or chat room does not mean that the posting will be deleted from our systems, or that it has been completely removed from the Internet.
How to Contact Us
Updated August 25, 2017